Self-Introduction

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 13:49:32 UTC 2010

On Sun, Feb 14, 2010 at 07:42:36AM -0700, Eliot Smith wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> My name is Eliot Smith and I am eager to join the Fedora Documentation
> Project.  I live in Helena, Montana.  I have studied at St. John's
> College in Santa Fe, NM, receiving a MA in Liberal Arts and at Sierra
> Nevada College in Incline Village, NV, receiving a BA in Humanities.
>
> I have worked, informally, on a Linux system, beginning with Ubuntu and
> moving to Fedora, for the past 3 years.  My computer knowledge is
> limited, but I am enthusiastic about learning new skills and have done
> well learning so far.  I have tutored and taught writing at the college
> level.  Thus, my editing skills are first rate and I would very much
> like to focus on editing the Fedora Documentation.

Eliot -- nice to meet you!  Thanks for your interest in helping.  I
would highly recommend that you come by our channel on IRC and meet
some folks who help out here.

If you don't know much about IRC, you can find out more information
here about how to get connected:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/IRC

We are at Freenode (irc.freenode.net) in channel #fedora-docs.  I'm
'stickster', give me a shout when you show up.  (And by the way, if
you have any problems with that wiki page, let us know here and we'll
get you fixed right up.)

We are always looking for people to help with guide maintenance, and
there are several folks on the list who are maintaining our
Installation Guide, Deployment Guide, and other interesting docs.  For
the most part, helping with those guides should be well within the
reach of a novice.  You'd definitely be able to test the material
that's there to see if it works for the next release of Fedora, and if
not, report a bug for us to track and resolve the problem.

I look forward to meeting you on IRC!