Draft template on the wiki

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Sun Jul 11 01:30:14 UTC 2010

Have you ever used {{draft}}/{Draft}} at the top of a wiki page
before?

I noticed today that it was set to put pages in [[Category:Draft
documentation]]:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Category:Draft_documentation

The idea behind that category is to act as a queue for people wanting
to help edit documentation pages in-progress.

I just switched around things a bit, and now we have this:

{{Draft}} puts pages in [[Category:Drafts]]
    https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Category:Drafts

{{Draft documentation}} (NEW!) puts pages in [[Category:Draft documentation]]
    https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Category:Draft_documentation

The draft documentation category is for pages that people are writing
to document something, and they i) want help, and ii) want to warn
people from relying on the content yet.

    ** It's a queue for us to help each other with proper
    ** documentation.

The draft category is for any page that is a draft.  People using the
plain draft template likely want to warn people from relying on the
content yet, but may not want help.

    ** It's a queue for us to help each other with wiki gardening.

We also had some ideas of what to do with [[Category:Documentation]],
but I'll leave that to another thread.

- Karsten