Software Management Guide

daniel cabrera logan at fedoraproject.org
Sat Jul 24 22:30:03 UTC 2010

Greetings Docs team.
The Software Management Guide is now available to receive translations
[1], but it seems to be a little outdated. Some of its contents are
relevant and have been incorporated into the User Guide, and some of
them are no longer useful (like instructions on how to use programs like
Pirut and Pup, which no longer exists).
So, my question is: Do we need this guide? Maybe so: It's a nice, short,
simple book, perfect for new Fedora users who want to start messing
around with the command line. Perhaps I'm wrong, but this is the only
guide where we explain what a repo is, and how to set them up. Maybe we
can add some content here, like how to deal with the conflicts between
active repositories, or explain which the yum options are, what they do
exactly, and some sort of tips like that.
I don't mind grabbing the torch to start updating this guide, if you all
think that its a good idea of course. But I will need guidance. I mean,
I'm not quite familiar with Publican and DocBook, but I'm more than
willing to learn.
Looking forward to your comments, see you around,
Daniel Cabrera (es)

[1]
http://translate.fedoraproject.org/projects/p/docs-software-management-guide/c/f13/