Does readme-live-image get included in some Fedora package?

John J. McDonough wb8rcr at arrl.net
Wed Jun 2 23:04:28 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-06-02 at 16:29 -0500, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> The live base kickstart file used to build live cd images tries to copy in
> /usr/share/doc/HTML/readme-live-image/en_US/readme-live-image-en_US.txt which
> presumably used to be installed on Fedora systems as part of some package
> that was normally installed.
>
> Currently a warning is generated and the documentation doesn't get added to
> the live image. (This is bug 546909.)
>
> I am trying to figure out what the correct fix is. If readme-live-image doesn't
> end up in any packages now (it definitely seems to be getting updated as
> part of the Fedora Docs effort), then I'll just get rid of the code that
> tries to include it. If it is packaged, I'm hoping to hear of the package
> so I can get it added as a dependency to livecd-tools and refer to the
> current location that it would be stored in.
>
> I was hoping someone from the docs team might be able to help me out with this.
>
> Thanks.

Bruno

Readme-live-image was one of a number of documents which were removed
because they were hidden away and had no apparent way to find them.  We
further assumed (perhaps incorrectly) that a user needing
readme-live-image didn't yet have Fedora installed and thus wouldn't be
reading it from the installation but rather online.  Once you are
actually running the live image it seemed a little late to be telling
you how to make it, and it seemed that the odds of actually finding it
were pretty low.

Once upon a time (pre-FC6 maybe?) this document and several others were
in the root directory of the installation CD where there was a chance
they might be read pre-installation.  Back at that time the document was
also not available at docs.fedoraproject.org.

We don't object to packaging the document, we just didn't see the point.
If there is a need to have that available in a package, we would be
happy to make it so.

--McD