Changes needed in the development of the RNs

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Fri Jun 4 18:05:28 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jun 04, 2010 at 19:40:38 +0200,
  Zach Oglesby <oglesbyzm at gmail.com> wrote:
> It was brought up on IRC that it is hard for us to keep track of what
> packages have been removed from the repos, and getting dev's and
> packagers to let us know when this happens would more then likely not
> end in much success. Everyone is busy work on things and this would
> just be another task (not to mention I would imagine that a lot of the
> packages that get removed are orphaned).
>
> The best solution that I brought up is to use Bohdi to proved this
> information, and instead of adding this information to the RN, we
> could put it on a dynamic webpage. I also think that the Fedora
> Community section would be the best place for it because the system is
> already setup to interact with Fedora's infrastructure. The issue with
> this would be making sure the page was publicly accessible (not
> needing a FAS account). I don't believe it would be an issue but its
> something we would need to talk to someone about before hand.

You can probably do something with a few repoqueries.

Do you only want to see stuff that has been dropped without being obsoleted?
Or should obsoleted stuff be included as well? (Maybe as a separate report?)

I can probably show you something simple (and maybe not super efficient) to
run from the command line to run to do this. That might help you figure out
what you want / need.

Beyond that, you can make a Fedora Engineering Services ticket to ask for
help with something like this, if the expertise isn't available in your team.
FES relies on someone to volunteer to do it, so for time critical stuff
it might not work well.