"Fedora Core" heading on the left hand side docs.fp.o landing page?

Ruediger Landmann r.landmann at redhat.com
Mon Jun 7 21:11:05 UTC 2010

On 06/08/2010 04:32 AM, Christopher Antila wrote:
> The sidebar could look something like this (titles are just tentative):
>
> Officially-Supported Fedora Versions
> |- Fedora 13
> -- Fedora 12
> Obsolete Fedora Versions
> |- Fedora 11
> |- Fedora 10
> |- Fedora Core 2
> -- Fedora Core 1
> Contributed Documentation
>     (same as now)
> Draft Documentation
>     (same as now)
>
> Also, the version numbers are somewhat difficult for me to read, because
> of their size and colour.  Including the word/s "Fedora" or "Fedora
> Core" in front of the numbers might also help users to visually
> recognize the numbers as important.

Agreed that this is even better; however sorting Fedora Core 1 through
Fedora 11 in correct sequence under an "Obsolete" heading is beyond
Publican's capabilities right now; we'd probably have to implement a
sorting key that could be manually overridden to create arbitrary things
like this. I suspect similar sorting problems will arise if we place
"Fedora" in front of the version numbers (and thus create a "version"
that is no longer just a number) but will investigate.

In the meantime, if you find the size and colour of the version numbers
problematic, this would be a good issue to raise on publican-list[1]

Cheers

Rudi