Changing glossary to ???

Justin Clift justin at salasaga.org
Mon Jun 21 06:00:21 UTC 2010

On 06/21/2010 10:31 AM, Ruediger Landmann wrote:
<snip>
> However, glossaries cannot be translated properly in a number of
> languages -- notably Chinese and Japanese -- because we cannot yet sort
> entries in those languages.

Are we able to get publican to call an external sorter or external
string comparison utility?

Am just thinking that it sounds like publican's present sorting method
is internally coded, and not how we need it to be.

If we can get publican to call a script or utility with the strings for
sorting, plus accept the return values, would that let us leverage from
any other package which has the sorting algorithm right?  (even if it's
an ugly hack for the short term)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

--