Fedora 14 Schedule

John Poelstra poelstra at redhat.com
Wed Jun 23 13:16:45 UTC 2010

John J. McDonough said the following on 06/22/2010 10:45 AM Pacific Time:
> On Tue, 2010-06-22 at 09:01 -0700, John Poelstra wrote:
>> I'm willing to do whatever is needed to help produce the best schedule
>> possible for Fedora 14--including creating special reports or having a
>> conference call.  Let me know what you need or how you would like to
>> proceed.
>>
>> John P
>
> John
>
> I appreciate that, and I expect that we may be able to do with a couple
> of emails, depending on what L10N runs into on their side of the
> schedule.  I think there are only minor issues, and we won't need the
> extended effort we made for F12 and F13.
>
> Bruno Wolff's note yesterday gave me an important insight; taskjuggler
> is a command-line tool with a GUI, much like git, and not an extremely
> lame GUI tool.  With that bit of insight, I am right now getting the
> kind of examination I would like, and getting it quite easily.
>
> --McD

Yes, TaskJuggler has the illusion of being a GUI scheduling tool like
Microsoft Project or GanttProject which it is not.  It is better thought
of as an IDE.

I'm still not following the logic of this thread :)  Be bold, ask for
exactly what you need to make your work easier!

Attached is a gantt chart for the Docs Team and another combining Docs
and Translation.  Generating this chart is a hack I should probably blog
about.

John