Porting work party, around 2010-04-12 -- 2010-04-18

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 01:38:48 UTC 2010

In tonight's meeting, we tossed around the idea of another weekend
work party.  The bug stomping party was so useful and fun, we just
can't stop the par-tay! ;-)

One of the ideas we tossed around was building a work party around one
of the release tasks.  During the period from 2010-04-12 to
2010-04-18/19, we're supposed to take any small changes (diffs) that
have happened on the wiki in the past few weeks, and make sure all
those changes make it into the final release notes content.

This can help teach new folks a few new tricks:

* Familiarity with DocBook and Publican (and all the small skills that
  lead up to that point)

* Familiarity with the how's and why's of porting content, and why we
  don't go backward from DocBook to wiki

Also, you'll become part of the process that produces the most awesome
release notes in Linux-land (IMHO at least). :-)

I proposed that we try this:

* A new user setup session, on Wednesday 2010-04-14 after the normal
  Docs meeting, to make sure any new folks showing up are ready to
  rumble when we start the party

* The actual work party on Saturday 2010-04-17, at an appropriate time
  TBD.