Fwd: Live ISOs that don't fit on CDs

John J. McDonough wb8rcr at arrl.net
Sun Mar 14 18:21:25 UTC 2010

On Sun, 2010-03-14 at 19:07 +0100, Valent Turkovic wrote:
> It is finally time to switch from CD to DVD? Blank media are almost
> the same price and should be available world wide. Any reasons not to
> switch from CD to DVD?

I think we have.  A little unfortunate, though.  Those machines that
don't have DVD drives are probably the very same machines that can't
boot from USB, so a lot of older boxes are left out in the cold.

On the other hand, DVD drives are pretty cheap these days, and as you
point out, the difference in media price is negligible.

--McD