Transifex 0.7.4 on line!

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 15:11:24 UTC 2010

On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 03:12:36PM +1000, Noriko Mizumoto wrote:
> Docs team,
> I need your urgent attention.
>
> Ruediger Landmann さんは書きました:
> > On 03/12/2010 10:58 AM, Noriko Mizumoto wrote:
> >> Docs team, it would be nice if any update for dates we can hear.
> >>
> > I think we still need to iron out some issues in the schedule :(
> >
> > Docs is not scheduled to start moving the "beats" (Release Notes raw
> > material) from the Wiki into XML until 11 March (item 25 on Docs
> > Schedule[0]), so until then, any POT files we build will be empty.
> >
> > This process is scheduled to finish on 15 March -- Hopefully, we can be
> > finished not long after that.
>
> How is the progress of 'port wiki'?
> Can we, translators expect to have POs for beta-rel-note translation in
> a day or two?
>

> > The 25 days allowed for Release Notes translation (item 21 on Trans
> > schedule [1]) should start on 15 March, when there is actually some
> > content to translate... until then, there's only section headings and
> > other "boilerplate" text that's the same from one release to the other
> > anyway...
>
> This may need to be adjusted by John...
>
> * 'Translate Beta Release Notes 2010-03-11 2010-04-15' in Trans Task
> => Start date to be associated with End date of 'Port Wiki to Publican
> 2010-03-11 2010-03-15' in Docs Task, which is 2010-03-15
> => End date to be associated with 'Translation Deadline: Beta Release
> Notes', which is 2010-03-22.
>
> It is 16-Mar today, Brisbane time. We have less than a week for beta-rel
> translation now.

Noriko, thanks for this reminder.  I just rejoined email from being at
an event for the last four days, and sent some email to both Docs and
L10n lists to go over the schedule and detail what needs to be done.

One point that we should make is that the Beta release notes
translation is a "soft" deadline.  There may be some changes between
Beta and GA in the release notes content.  I've reminded Docs
contributors that we should try to minimize those changes wherever
possible.

If translators do not finish their work by the Beta deadline, they are
still able to continue working through the GA deadline on that
content, which is about a month or so later.  We will try to keep POT
regenerated quickly during that time so that changes are seen as early
as possible.

Are those details helpful?