Conversion Howto - Summary

John J. McDonough wb8rcr at arrl.net
Thu Mar 18 01:51:15 UTC 2010

====================================
#fedora-docs: Converting wiki to git
====================================

Meeting started by jjmcd at 00:20:03 UTC. The full logs are available at
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-docs/2010-03-18/fedora-docs.2010-03-18-00.20.log.html
.

Meeting summary
---------------
* command line for mw-render:  mw-render -c http://fedoraproject.org/w/
  -o <outputfile> -w docbook <Wiki_Article_Name>  (stickster, 00:31:32)
* LINK: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Documentation_Beats   (laubersm,
  00:32:25)
* LINK:
  https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Converting_wiki_to_DocBook_XML#Converting_from_MediaWiki_to_XML
  (quaid, 00:44:09)
* LINK:
  https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Converting_wiki_to_DocBook_XML#Converting_to_XML
  (quaid, 00:44:20)
* LINK: http://fpaste.org/K8gu/   (stickster, 00:48:49)
* LINK:
  http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel-announce/2010-March/000589.html
  (stickster, 00:57:18)
* LINK: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Documentation_Beat_status
  (jjmcd, 00:58:01)
* when editing, replace wiki links with full https:// links.
  (stickster, 01:11:07)
* also, remove admonition, and make sure there is an appropriate title
  (jjmcd, 01:11:31)
* when removing {{package|foo}}, it's helpful to replace it with ''foo''
  (wiki italics) so it's easier to locate by the resulting <emphasis>
  tags in the XML  (stickster, 01:12:18)
* prefer http rather than https for the printed release notes  (jjmcd,
  01:12:32)
* publican build --langs=en-US --formats=html  (jjmcd, 01:27:51)
* LINK:
  https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Quaid/Documentation_Beat_status
  (quaid, 01:29:04)
* when cut/paste - be sure that lines still wrap and do not have
  newlines inserted  (laubersm, 01:31:08)
* We shouldn't just copy new content over the old, because we might
  accidentally bring in trivial changes that aggravate translators
  (stickster, 01:46:11)

Meeting ended at 01:49:05 UTC.

Action Items
------------