An interesting Yelp behavior

John J. McDonough wb8rcr at arrl.net
Thu Mar 25 15:25:27 UTC 2010

A funny thing happened I thought I would share.  I did report this to
Shaun McCance by email yesterday, but he is off to a conference so I
don't expect to hear from him until next week at best.

Over the weekend, Shaun asked why we dropped the GNOME application
documentation.  Now I hadn't given it a lot of thought. I know I
sometimes had seen other stuff in Yelp, but not lately.  Since I wasn't
responsible for that "other stuff" I assumed others had made some sort
of decision and I didn't really give it any thought.

Well, while testing the F13 release notes I noticed that at one point I
saw the documentation appear.  So I did a little test.

I made a temporary directory, and moved /usr/share/omf/about-fedora
and /usr/share/omf/fedora-release-notes into the temporary directory (on
F12).  Voila, the GNOME documentation appears.  Move either one back and
the GNOME docs disappear!

I don't know if there is something quirky with our omf files or what.
Hopefully Shaun can track down what is happening.

--McD