XML conversion this weekend for TOS textbook

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Thu Mar 25 20:42:21 UTC 2010

Some folks around here have expressed interest in helping with DocBook
conversion for the Teaching Open Source textbook.

http://teachingopensource.org/index.php/Textbook_Roadmap

This is *not* a Fedora 13 guide, it's an upstream book entirely
outside of the Fedora Project, but since several people offered to
help in the book who are on this list, thought I'd remind you all
here.

Tomorrow (Friday) we begin conversion to DocBook, specifically
Publican formatted.  (I'm working on a publican-tos brand package for
teachingopensource.org.)

I'll do a raw output from MediaWiki using mw-render, then check that
work in to SVN.  At that point, we'll grab chapters and start
editing.  We'll be sprinting together in #teachingopensource on
irc.freenode.net.

After Friday, I expect to have some finishing work over the weekend.
If you are available for any of that time and want to work on this
conversion, let me know.  If you are not on the list, please join: