Closing bugs

John J. McDonough wb8rcr at arrl.net
Mon Mar 29 14:18:51 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-03-29 at 09:23 -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I have a request with regard to closing docs bugs.  Although not
> required, it would be super-helpful if you include a link to the git
> (or SVN) commit for your fix when you mark a bug as CLOSED.  That way
> anyone cc'd on the bug can click the link and see how you fixed it.
> Doing this helps optimize transparency and also gives other people who
> are lurking a better feel for how we fix bugs.  Seeing how easy such
> fixes might be creates a higher potential for getting others involved.

I've been trying to do this mostly so I can keep track myself (e.g.
533578, 533585).  I hadn't thought about how lurkers might find this
instructive.  I've only included the commit ID though, since it is
almost globally unique (for git).  A link to the commitdiff would
certainly be an improvement for others.

--McD