Languages for Guides

Ruediger Landmann r.landmann at redhat.com
Tue May 4 00:47:09 UTC 2010

On 05/04/2010 10:18 AM, noriko wrote:

> Hi,
> I am sorry coming late to consult this to you.
> Recently TQSG has been updated, and includes the information for
> first-ever translation locale [1]. But I am feeling now that it might be
> a bit silly to expect every single guide has all of those languages' POs
> listed [2]. Because some of them may not simply work on particular
> guides depending on their team size. I am not sure how others feel.

Yes, the list of languages for which we have a docbook locale is far too
broad to be a useful "starting point" when creating the initial set of
languages when dropping a book to translation (just like the list of
languages supported by Publican is).

> How about to set the line such as XX% and over? For example, as 'Release
> Notes' is highest priority among other guides, so that the languages
> which have achieved this line set for rel-notes will be included in your
> script for guides. Any other language can make a inclusion request by
> filing a bug. Or any other way is fine.
>
> It is up to docs team, and TQSG will be modified accordingly.

I agree -- the RN or IQSG good guides as to what's being translated
right now; anyone wanting to translate into another new language can
make a request as you say in the TQSG already.

cheers
Rudi