Guide/notes/document sponsorship

Eli elijahm17 at gmail.com
Thu May 6 03:38:06 UTC 2010

My thoughts....

I totally agree with having single group access. At the bug stomping
party when I was comfortable with making commits I had to have someone
go in and approve me, for each guide.  With that same thought, I have
been helping out anywhere I can get my hands on.  So with me helping out
with 3 or 4 different projects it could have taken a lot more time for
me to get access to those guides, and created more work for others if I
could not help out.  Luckily I had most from the bug party. So it worked
out a little different for me.

Also when I ask to help out on a particular guide, usually one of the
first questions is if I have been approved for commit access to that
guide.
Single group would remove having to "check up" on (new)contributors to
see if they have been approved for each and every guide that they would
be allowed to work on.

Seems like a good idea to me.

I hope this makes sense. :-)
--