Btrfs and SSSD in Fedora 13 feature profiles: Review

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Thu May 13 15:05:32 UTC 2010

On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 07:04:57PM -0400, Gerard Ryan wrote:
> On 12/05/10 13:12, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > As you might have noticed, the marketing team has been doing a few
> > feature profiles covering various new features in Fedora 13,  the last
> > ones remaining are one of Btrfs and SSSD
> >
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Btrfs_in_Fedora_13
> >
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SSSD_in_Fedora_13
> >
> > So, take a quick look and let me if you have any suggestions on
> > improving it.  Documentation folks -  appreciate you review as well.  We
> > would like to send it out to the press in a couple of days.
> >
> > Rahul
>
> Hi Rahul,
>
> I read the Btrfs interview, and I noted the following:
>
> 1.
> 'So right before doing a big yum update our plugin we'll take a snapshot
> of the filesystem, now you have two copies of the filesystem, and then
> yum does its update onto your original volume.'
>
> --I would suggest adding a comma after 'big yum update,' (for
> readability) and change 'we'll' to 'will' ('we'll' seems to be a typo
> there).
>

> 2.
> 'How many developers are working on Btrfs full time and from Red Hat?
> What do they focus on?'
>
> --Either remove 'and' or say 'How many developers from Red Hat are
> working on Btrfs full time?'
>

> 3.
> 'Is there any features that ZFS has that Btrfs does not at this point?'
>
> --Needs to be: 'Are there any features that ZFS has that Btrfs does not
> at this point?'
>

> I hope this has been helpful. Obviously there might be other things that
> I missed also.
>
> Gerard.

Gerard,

If you have a Fedora account already, you can actually make these
edits yourself.  The wonderful thing about a wiki is that it
encourages collaboration like this directly on the document.  You
don't need to ask for permission to make improvements.  And the
changes you make are recorded in a history record, so if there's any
problem, it's easy to find and correct it.

Thanks for participating and reviewing!