Guide/notes/document sponsorship

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Wed May 19 01:07:17 UTC 2010

On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 11:42:27AM -0400, Eric Sparks Christensen wrote:
> The question was raised about those contributors that work with the Docs
> Project, that don't need access to the repos, but are working with the
> Project.  In FAS they would just have the cla_done group.  There are
> activities within Fedora that require cla_done + one group in order for
> the contributor to participate.  These activities include voting,
> e-mail, and others.  It was confirmed by Nick (NB) that removing the
> group from your FAS would remove those activities as well.

Given that removal from that one's CLA+1 group removes functionality,
I can live with the three-group approach. :-) I still believe we need
to have a policy of many sponsors -- and promoting contributors to
sponsors when they show they're willing to collaborate -- to make sure
new contributors can always get approvals easily, and in turn work
with us.