Moderators queue

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Thu May 20 19:02:08 UTC 2010

The Infrastructure team reports that we have 220 held messages in the
Docs queue as of today.  If no one is moderating that queue regularly,
then in fairness it should be set to reject posts from non-members so
we are not setting wrong expectations.  Also, the longer that queue
gets the more it can potentially slow down mailman (directory length).

I already regularly check and prune three other queues regularly.  I
believe this issue has come up before and since we're up against the
same issue, I'd recommend setting the list to reject by default,
optionally with a customized, more polite message attached.