Moderators queue

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Fri May 21 18:44:15 UTC 2010

On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 09:56:15AM -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 09:34:49AM -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> > Dimitris is hardly ever available because he's very busy as CEO of
> > Indifex now.  I'm going to proactively take the step of removing him,
> > and I've now added Ryan, Susan, and Nick to the list admins, since
> > they indicated they could help out.  I'll send all of the admins the
> > new password for the list.

If replying to oneself on a list is frowned upon, doing it twice is
probably a shooting offense.

I wanted to make the above clearer.  I removed Dimitris because I know
he's too busy to maintain our queue, and shouldn't be expected to do
so.  In my previous jobs, as a routine measure when removing someone
from an access list, we also would change the authorization factors
(in this case the passphrase).  It was just by habit, and it hadn't
occurred to me that anyone would think the point was to shut Dimitris
out of administration of our list.  It wasn't.  Hopefully that didn't
occur to most of you reading, either. :-)