Help with RPM guide

Jon Stanley jonstanley at gmail.com
Sun May 23 01:10:35 UTC 2010

Hey Ben -

I found the RPM guide while Googling around for information about the
python RPM bindings.  While the information contained in the guide was
extremely useful (and in fact answered all of my questions), I think
that there are places where it could use some formatting work and
updating (I don't think we need to worry about anyone using Python 1.6
anymore! :D). There also seems to be a bit of "content scope creep"
where Python GUI toolkits and other general Python topics are
addressed that I'm not sure that guide is the right place.

I'm mainly interested in the Python API for my own uses (and we could
probably throw stuff in on the Yum API as well, which is fairly
powerful and lacking documentation), but could probably help with
updating the rest of the guide as well in what little free time I
have, but it seems like something that I can take a little at a time,
and would be happy to help the docs team however I can! :)

Let me know what you think!
-Jon