Publishing with Publican

Nathan Thomas nathan.thomas at peacenik.co.uk
Mon May 24 22:10:35 UTC 2010

On 24/05/10 21:22, Piotr Drąg wrote:
> W dniu 24.05.2010 22:07, Nathan Thomas pisze:
>
>> This looks amazing, but I'm having a small problem... when I try to
>> remove a book so I can replace it with an updated copy, specifying the
>> path the the homepage.cfg file on my local copy of docs.fp.org, I get
>> the following error:
>>
>> DEBUG: Publican: config loaded
>> DB file '/home/rlandmann/Documents/books/Fedora/web/fedoradocs.db' not
>> found. at /usr/bin/publican line 775
>>
>> My local copy of docs.fp.org is up-to-date, with the required
>> homepage.cfg and fedoradocs.db.
>>

> I've encountered this problem earlier today, and I worked around it by
> locally modifying homepage.cfg to point to actual fedoradocs.db and
> public_html. Although the need of absolute path seems to be a bug to me.

Thanks Piotr, your workaround works (around) for me. However, I am still
encountering the error I reported to the list yesterday when trying to
push to the docs.fp.org repo:

[nathan at amilo web]$ git push
Enter passphrase for key '/home/nathan/.ssh/id_rsa':
Counting objects: 56, done.
Compressing objects: 100% (30/30), done.
Writing objects: 100% (30/30), 28.23 KiB, done.
Total 30 (delta 24), reused 1 (delta 0)
error: unable to create temporary sha1 filename
./objects/tmp_obj_pTRnwk: Permission denied

fatal: failed to write object
error: unpack failed: unpacker exited with error code
To ssh://nathant@git.fedorahosted.org/git/docs/web.git
 ! [remote rejected] master -> master (n/a (unpacker error))
error: failed to push some refs to
'ssh://nathant@git.fedorahosted.org/git/docs/web.git'

Not sure if Rudi's still working on the repo, so I'll hang fire until I
hear.

Nathan