Publishing with Publican

Ruediger Landmann r.landmann at redhat.com
Mon May 24 23:32:55 UTC 2010

On 05/25/2010 08:10 AM, Nathan Thomas wrote:
> Thanks Piotr, your workaround works (around) for me. However, I am still
> encountering the error I reported to the list yesterday when trying to
> push to the docs.fp.org repo:
>
> [nathan at amilo web]$ git push
> Enter passphrase for key '/home/nathan/.ssh/id_rsa':
> Counting objects: 56, done.
> Delta compression using up to 2 threads.
> Compressing objects: 100% (30/30), done.
> Writing objects: 100% (30/30), 28.23 KiB, done.
> Total 30 (delta 24), reused 1 (delta 0)
> error: unable to create temporary sha1 filename
> ./objects/tmp_obj_pTRnwk: Permission denied
>
> fatal: failed to write object
> error: unpack failed: unpacker exited with error code
> To ssh://nathant@git.fedorahosted.org/git/docs/web.git
>   ! [remote rejected] master ->  master (n/a (unpacker error))
> error: failed to push some refs to
> 'ssh://nathant@git.fedorahosted.org/git/docs/web.git'
>

> Not sure if Rudi's still working on the repo, so I'll hang fire until I
> hear.

That looks like a permissions error to me

Nathan, can you please check your .git/config file and verify that you
see a section that says:

[remote "origin"]
         fetch = +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/*
         url = ssh://YOUR_USERNAME@git.fedorahosted.org/git/docs/web.git

Cheers
Rudi

PS -- You might not need to do anything for the Live Images doc anyway,
unless another translation has completed or been updated since the
weekend? I rebuilt all the docs then as I was preparing the site