New language translation request

Ruediger Landmann r.landmann at redhat.com
Fri Nov 12 00:29:45 UTC 2010

On 11/12/2010 04:05 AM, Misha Shnurapet wrote:
> Hello, Docs Team!
>
> I'd like two sets of .po modules created for Russian translation of Pym [1] and the Software Management Guide [2]. Could you please add them so the team members could submit translations?
>
> Thank you.
>
> [1] https://translate.fedoraproject.org/projects/p/docs-pym/c/master
> [2] https://translate.fedoraproject.org/projects/p/docs-software-management-guide/c/rebase/

Hi Misha --

The "Pym" book isn't maintained by the Fedora Documentation Project; you
should contact the maintainer directly: ||kushal at fedoraproject.org
<mailto:kushal at fedoraproject.org>

He should also run "publican old2new" on the book to generate a Publican
config file that will allow this book to build in current versions of
Publican, then update the POT and PO files; I suspect these are quite old.

The Software Management Guide is not ready for translation yet; in this
case, the XML files are authored in Spanish, and we are waiting for a
complete English translation so that we can provide PO files for
second-generation translations from English to other languages. Let us
know, however, if you can translate Spanish to Russian -- maybe we can
explore this option.

Cheers
Rudi