LXDE update for the Fedora 14 Release Notes

Christoph Wickert cwickert at fedoraproject.org
Fri Oct 1 13:18:26 UTC 2010

Am Mittwoch, den 29.09.2010, 20:09 -0400 schrieb Eric "Sparks"
Christensen:

> Christoph,
>
> Can you give me an update on what the differences are between Fedora 13
> and 14 in regards to LXDE?  Were there any updates?  What is the version
> that will ship with F14?

Hi Eric,

LXDE doesn't have a common version, it consists of components that each
have their own version. If people refer to an LXDE version, they use the
version of lxde-common, the package that ties everything together.
lxde-common hasn't changed in F14.

Some other components have though:
      * lxappearance, the "Look and feel" configuration was completely
        rewritten and now (version 0.5) supports many more features:
        setting mouse cursor themes, custom colors, icon sizes in
        menus/buttons, turning icons in menus/buttons on and off,
        enabling event sounds etc.
      * the display manager lxdm has been updated to 0.3.0. It now has a
        user list and a timeout, so we can select the language and the
        keyboard setting on the login window. This is very handy for the
        livecd.
      * lxterminal has been updated to 0.1.9 and now has new features
        like 'true' transparency for composite window managers.

The rest of the components is still the same as in F13.

Regards,
Christoph