PROPOSAL: All new BZ tickets assigned to the Docs List

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 15:08:47 UTC 2010

On Mon, Oct 04, 2010 at 08:42:49AM -0400, Eric "Sparks" Christensen wrote:
> I have a proposal that will hopefully bring more attention to the
> tickets we receive in BZ.  If I change the default "person" that all
> Docs tickets are assigned to to the Docs list.  When this happens
> everyone on the list will receive a message when a NEW ticket has been
> generated.  If you are interested in working on that ticket you would
> just logon and "take" the ticket (assign it to yourself) and mark the
> ticket as ASSIGNED.
>
> Thoughts?  Comments?  Questions?

Would that affect tickets for guides that already have an owner?  In
those cases, it seems to me the owner has accepted that assignment
already.  But in cases where someone wanted to take over a bug, she
can still reassign the bug to herself.

I'd make the Docs list the assignee for bugs against components that
don't already have clear ownership.  To muddy that ownership seems
counterproductive.