Addressing Tor in the Fedora Security Guide

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Mon Oct 4 19:11:41 UTC 2010

On Mon, Oct 04, 2010 at 15:04:42 -0400,
  "Eric \"Sparks\" Christensen" <sparks at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> I was asked, earlier today, why Tor wasn't addressed in the Fedora
> Security Guide.  Anyone have any feelings on whether or not addressing
> system would be appropriate for the SG?

I think the context of the security guide is securing your system.
tor isn't really part of that. tor is for providing anonymity, which really
is a separate topic. And to be properly described really needs a manual
of its own. Putting just a brief discussion about tor in with other
security stuff, has the potential to do more harm than good.