PROPOSAL: All new BZ tickets assigned to the Docs List

Nathan Thomas nathan.thomas at peacenik.co.uk
Tue Oct 5 13:43:41 UTC 2010

On 04/10/10 16:12, Ben Cotton wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 11:08 AM, Paul W. Frields<stickster at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> I'd make the Docs list the assignee for bugs against components that
>> don't already have clear ownership.  To muddy that ownership seems
>> counterproductive.
> I agree.  Is it possible to give certain components a specific default
> assignee (e.g. RPM Guide bugs are assigned to me), but for components
> without a specific assignee, Docs list gets the nod?

To be honest, I'm more than happy for anyone to dive in and start fixing
bugs in the Live Image Guide, and if automatically assigning the bug to
me discourages them from doing that, then I'd say assign all bugs to the
Docs List until someone decides to take it on and re-assigns it to
themselves.

Automatically assigning guide bugs to the maintainer would also put a
lot of pressure on those looking after the larger, more high-profile
guides (e.g. User Guide), as the bugs pile up in their to-do list. I
know in theory there's nothing to stop another contributor from jumping
in and re-assigning the bug to themselves, but seeing that the bug is
already assigned to someone else may put them off for fear of treading
on someone else's toes.

+1 to new tickets showing up on the Docs List.

Best wishes
Nathan
Live Image Guide maintainer