Membership requests to Docs FAS Group

Jesús Franco tezcatl at fedoraproject.org
Wed Oct 27 11:50:12 UTC 2010

On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 11:41:36AM +0200, Zach Oglesby wrote:
> > I think that keeping things away from being (almost) instantly accessible makes sure fresh contributors are sane. I wouldn't like someone to go rowdy-dowdy over the documents that my team members have spent their time and efforts on. Translation is a rich ground for argument anyway.
>
> Thats why the commit group is invite only, anyone can join docs, but
> in order to go messing with git repos you have to be a another group.
> That group is invite only because only people who have shown to be
> trust worthy should be able to push, others can pull and submit
> patches.
>
> Zach

I'm agree with keeping the barrier to let people messing with repos
should be stay reasonably up, but i'd like a more available training
(i'm not saying having just "the fine manual") to help more
collaborators "getting things done" in a succesfull way. This is the
idea i've started to talk with some people about a "Fedora School"
(something using Moodle or another LMS) for collaborators and more
users wanting to learn with some real-people guidance how to use free
software, how to contribute to free software / open source.

In counterpart, i think the first step to "taking a look" at tasks
lists should be very easy to take. Microblog, mylyn-eclipse, whatever
you like. Any system you like to helping people to helping us.

Jesús Franco