Membership requests to Docs FAS Group

Zach Oglesby oglesbyzm at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 13:08:54 UTC 2010

On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 1:50 PM, Jesús Franco <tezcatl at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> I'm agree with keeping the barrier to let people messing with repos
> should be stay reasonably up, but i'd like a more available training
> (i'm not saying having just "the fine manual") to help more
> collaborators "getting things done" in a succesfull way. This is the
> idea i've started to talk with some people about a "Fedora School"
> (something using Moodle or another LMS) for collaborators and more
> users wanting to learn with some real-people guidance how to use free
> software, how to contribute to free software / open source.
>
> In counterpart, i think the first step to "taking a look" at tasks
> lists should be very easy to take. Microblog, mylyn-eclipse, whatever
> you like. Any system you like to helping people to helping us.

I think that keeping things on the wiki is the best place, we don't
want to have info spread all over the net. The issue is really how to
better organize it so that new users see it faster. It might also be
worth looking into rework the mentor program, but the issue with that
is how do you match a new contributor with a fitting mentor if they're
unsure about what they want to do?