[QUAR] Re: [in the news] Fedora 14 to use Upstart not systemd

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 12:30:00 UTC 2010

On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 02:04:06PM +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:> Hi> > As=
 a quick reminder, we might have to update any marketing material> regarding=
 systemd> > http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/Fedora-14-to-use-Upstart-not-systemd-1079435.htmlI've=
 turned the bullet in the talking points for systemd into a "techpreview"=
 and I recommend that we do the same with the Betaannouncement and any other=
 documentation we're rolling out.  Thatwould include the Release Notes produced=
 by the Docs team, and the"shiny, happy" one-page release notes that Marketing=
 creates.The official documentation should also include a note on how to=
 turnon systemd for people who want to live in it and help make it betterfor=
 Fedora 15, when I expect it'll become the default.  It would begreat if=
 we had official docs on managing it, but definitely no laterthan F15.--=
 Paul W. Frields                                http://paul.frields.org/=
  gpg fingerprint: 3DA6 A0AC 6D58 FEC4 0233  5906 ACDB C937 BD11 3717  http://redhat.com/=
   -  -  -  -   http://pfrields.fedorapeople.org/          Where open source=