By way of introduction...

Stephen Gordon sgordon at redhat.com
Thu Sep 30 06:24:03 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I've just registered my interest in joining the fedora docs group via
FAS and thought I'd best go ahead and introduce myself. I'm an English
speaker with a background in development - particularly around grid and
mainframe technologies - currently working as a content author based in
Brisbane, Australia (GMT +10).

In the immediate future I am just looking to observe way everything fits
together and perhaps assisting with wiki gardening. In particular I
believe I have some good material to add to
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Editing_DocBook_with_Vi which I identified
from the pages that need love tag. Perhaps some of you have some other
small tasks you have hanging around that you might like to offload instead?

In the longer term I would like to assist in developing the
virtualization guide. I believe this is an emerging area where fedora
provides some of the best tools but not necessarily the documentation to
go with them.

I also have some interest in using my development background to assist
with improving the toolchain if or where possible. At this stage I would
only commit a couple of hours a week to the docs project but I hope to
increase this once I am more comfortable with what I can/can't help out
with.

Thanks,

Steve