LXDE update for the Fedora 14 Release Notes

Jesús Franco tezcatl at fedoraproject.org
Thu Sep 30 06:52:23 UTC 2010

On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 08:09:47PM -0400, Eric "Sparks" Christensen wrote:

> Christoph,
>
> Can you give me an update on what the differences are between Fedora 13
> and 14 in regards to LXDE?  Were there any updates?  What is the version
> that will ship with F14?
>
> Thanks,
> Eric

Acording to http://blog.lxde.org/?p=779 the new LXAppearance lets a
full customization of the GTK Theme.

Copy-paste from the blog:
---
Main features of LXApppearance2

Depends on gtk+ only. Can work completely without gnome.
Friendly and Gnome HIG compliant user interface
Provides real-time preview of the selected themes
Changes icon theme
Changes cursor theme in a almost desktop independent way.
Supports color schemes. You can change the color used by themes if the
themes support gtk color scheme.
Able to install/remove icon and cursor themes in a user-friendly way
Provides additional options for gtk toolbars
Able to turn off event sound provided by libcanberra-gtk-module.
Changes default font used by gtk+ applications
Although this is a LXDE component, it works perfectly well outside
LXDE and it has no LXDE dependencies.
---

I think it's the most obvious change.
My two cents