Ownership of fedora-release-notes

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 16:18:49 UTC 2011

On Fri, Apr 08, 2011 at 09:56:31PM -0400, John J. McDonough wrote:
> On 04/08/2011 09:47 PM, Eric H. Christensen wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, Apr 07, 2011 at 12:50:54PM -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> >> It seems wrong for me to own the f-r-n package since other people are
> >> doing far more to keep it maintained at this point than I.  I'd like
> >> to release ownership to (for example) jjmcd, but want to make sure
> >> that's acceptable.  I'd be happy to stay on the approved list to work
> >> on the package as time allows.  This would also save jjmcd from having
> >> to reassign bugs he wants to work on as they come in.
> >>

> > This seems reasonable to me.  Not sure why he hasn't owned them already.
> >
> > - --Eric
>
> Hasn't been an issue.  I can push the RPMs, don't need anything else.
>
> But yeah, as Paul pulls back probably makes sense.  I'm a little
> crippled this release, but I hope to be back to normal for the next.

Right -- this is mainly a formality just recognizing who's really
doing the work on the package these days. :-)  John, you will need to
take ownership of the package, since I've released it.  (It shows up
as "orphan" but as I notified the devel list, that's a misnomer --
it's just waiting for you to claim it.)

John, just log in to https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb, look for
the fedora-release-notes package, and then use the Take Ownership
button to claim all the branches.

Red Hat Summit/JBossWorld -- Register now!  http://.theredhatsummit.com