Introduction and plans on documenting systemd

T. C. Hollingsworth tchollingsworth at gmail.com
Sun Aug 7 00:44:48 UTC 2011

At Monday, July 25, 2011 06:59 AM Chris Sederqvist <c.sederqvist at gmail.com>
said:

> I've skimmed through some of the code for systemd, and I find this
> innovation especially appealing.
> I would like to document it for the Fedora docs project, together with
> someone else with the same interest!

I actually have been thinking about doing something for systemd for some
time now, but have been busy with life and work on other projects.  Now that
someone else is on it too, I'd be glad to help out in any way I can.

One of the things I was thinking about is asking Lennart if he wouldn't mind
freely licensing some of the material on his blog so we can use some of it.
There's a lot of good stuff there on the "why" of systemd that would be
beneficial to comprehensive systemd documentation.

> I will start writing about it these days, but I haven't gotten up to
> speed with the Docbook and Publican parts yet, so I'll just start
> writing plain text in Emacs...

I know my DocBook pretty well so I can help out there.  I just need to brush
up on publican and any fedoraisms in DocBook. (In my experience every
project uses DocBook just a little bit differently. :-)

> So that was my introduction, hope to get to know you guys better!
>
> All the best
>
> Chris
>
> [chris at crashbox ~]$ gpg --fingerprint D95A2314
> pub   2048R/D95A2314 2011-07-23 [expires: 2016-07-21]
>       Key fingerprint = 661E EA6D 78AD 9652 34A5  6F83 F02C A34B D95A
> 2314 uid                  Chris Sederqvist (Baltazaar Open Source)
> <c.sederqvist at gmail.com> sub   2048R/F247231E 2011-07-23 [expires:
> 2016-07-21]

-T.C.