Wiki: Fedora Quick Install Guide

Jaromir Hradilek jhradile at redhat.com
Mon Dec 19 19:20:09 UTC 2011

On 12/18/2011 06:14 PM, Ben Cotton wrote:
> As we discussed in the Docs meeting earlier this week[0], I spoke with
> Valentin about the overlap between the Installation Quick Start Guide
> and the wiki page he developed[1]. He seems to favor the wiki for this
> document, and the translation team has expressed support[2].
>
> Considering we've failed to get the IQSG out for the past two
> releases, I'm inclined to suggest we retire that guide in favor of the
> wiki page so that the docs team can focus on other guides and the
> yet-to-be-agreed-upon QA process.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> [0] http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2011-12-12/fedora_docs.2011-12-12-14.00.log.txt
> [1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_Quick_Install_Guide
> [2] http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/trans/2011-December/thread.html

FYI, I talked to Jack Reed, who is the current maintainer of the Fedora
Installation Guide, and he offered to maintain the Installation Quick
Start Guide as well. Both books partially share their contents, so it
makes sense for the same person to maintain both of them.

--
Jaromir Hradilek
Associate Content Author

Red Hat Czech, s. r. o.