Installation Quick Start Guide now available for Fedora 16

Jack Reed jreed at redhat.com
Tue Dec 20 06:30:02 UTC 2011

Hi everyone,

As proposed at the December 12 docs meeting, the Installation Quick
Start Guide has been reinstated for Fedora 16.

The guide is now available at the docs site. I've updated the content
and screenshots to reflect F16.

The PDF version is not yet available, but hopefully will be later today.

I've also restructured the underlying XML so that it closely matches the
structure of the Installation Guide, which will aid translation. There
are only a few unique XML files, and only a couple with a para unique to
the IQSG. The books otherwise overlap.

Regarding Valentin's work so far on the Fedora Quick Install Guide wiki
page, how shall we proceed with reconciling the two?

Given that he has highlighted some preliminary access issues (language,
network settings), could this page be a FAQ for basic but less common
queries about installation?

Because the purpose of the IQSG is to provide as straightforward and
concise a guide to the installation process as possible, incorporating
these issues may overburden it. But they are naturally still queries
that we might like to provide answers for.

If you have any feedback on the IQSG itself, please let me know.

Thanks,

Jack

--
Jack Reed