L10N migration to transifex.net

Jared K. Smith jsmith at fedoraproject.org
Mon Feb 21 20:26:11 UTC 2011

On Sun, Feb 20, 2011 at 10:33 PM, Ruediger Landmann
<r.landmann at redhat.com> wrote:
> Therefore, I have obtained permission from my manager to put time and
> resources into packaging Transifex 1.1 for fedoraproject.org. I have
> also had the time and skills of two Red Hat sysadmins allocated to get
> Fedora's own instance of Transifex upgraded and migrated ASAP.
> I believe that if the Fedora Localization Project is open to the idea,
> we could have an up-to-date and fully functional local instance of
> Transifex 1.1 available within a week.
> Does this seem acceptable?

Just as a quick follow-up, I discussed this with the Fedora Board in
our board meeting today, and we agreed that the best time to revisit
the decision to migrate to transifex.net is after the F15 release.  We
don't want to run the risk of further shortening the time remaining
for translations.

(Futher discussion on the logistics list, I promise!)

Jared Smith
Fedora Project Leader

More information about the docs mailing list