Wiki Cleanup

John J. McDonough wb8rcr at arrl.net
Sun Jan 30 13:59:35 UTC 2011

They are already in a category: Documentation_beats

The page

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Documentation_Beats

actually redirects to

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Category:Documentation_beats

Many are also in the Draft_documentation category (I'm not real sure how
useful that is)

So probably what needs to be done is to take them out of the
Docs_Project category and not confuse the issue further with additional
categories.

I have a suspicion that the Docs Header also includes the category
(didn't track it down, tho), so perhaps the appropriate thing to do is
to further categorize the other docs into useful categories.

I'm not sure it is actually the case that all our pages are in
Docs_Project, but there is some utility in having a place where we can
see all the Docs stuff.  This has been very useful, for example, in some
of the renaming and cleanup efforts.

Unfortunately, many of the existing categories are relatively useless or
worse.  Sometimes you can go from category to subcategory to
sub-sub-category only to find a single document, or less.

I have often though that perhaps renaming the beats pages to be more
consistent would be a better move.  Trouble is, sensible names tend to
push the "real" name way down the link, unless we go with something
cryptic, which actually might be OK since they are more or less
institutionalized.  Something like RNB_Networking might not be that hard
to get used to, and would cause all the beats to at least sort near each
other.

--McD