Intro

Lana Brindley lbrindle at redhat.com
Fri Jul 1 01:46:34 UTC 2011

Hi everyone,

Just a quick email to say hi and introduce myself.

My name is Lana, and I've been a Red Hat writer for a while. I work from
my home in Canberra, Australia. I have business, marketing, and
information systems degrees, and in the next few months I'll also have
my technical communication degree. I'm involved in several women in tech
advocacy groups (including LinuxChix and Girl Geek Dinners), and I also
do a fair bit of speaking about open source technical writing, in case
that can be of use to anyone.

I'm joining the list mostly because I want to keep a closer eye on
what's happening with community docs, and hopefully make some useful
contributions where possible. I recently attended the Open Help
conference, and would like to share some of the insights I gained from
that event, as I think it could help benefit the community.

My main areas of interest revolve around standards, processes, and
improving the overall standard of technical documentation to encourage
and retain users and contributors.

You can find out more about me (and read some stuff I've written) on my
website: lanabrindley.com

Thanks,
Lana

--
Lana Brindley
Content Author

"See first that the design is wise and just: that ascertained, pursue it
resolutely; do not for one repulse forego the purpose that you resolved
to effect."
William Shakespeare, on why planning is important.