UG: Re: 61 Days until Fedora 16 Guide Branch

Susan Lauber laubersm at fedoraproject.org
Sat Jul 9 14:25:27 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 3:15 PM, Eric "Sparks" Christensen <
sparks at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> It's funny to think that Fedora 16 is right around the corner, but it
> is!  On 30 August, all guides are scheduled to be branched for Fedora
> 16 and POT files submitted to Transifex for the translators to begin
> their work.

User Guide:  doesn't look like it got updated for 15.  This means lots of
work for GNOME 3 needed.
Everything else just checked for current default application names, how to
launch (gnome3 issues) and descriptions.

I will NOT be able to get to it before Aug 30.  I *might* be able to *start*
helping that week.

Someone else needs to pick up the lead here!

Here is the checklist and "HowTo" I used for F14 - other than status table
tasks - most should still apply.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Laubersm/Documentation_User_Guide_Update_Checklist

It needs to be polished and turned into a proper doc for docs members.
I know a lot of work was done in that category in the past year...  so this
may already be in there for all I know.

-Susan

> So if you are working on a guide please go to the wiki[1] and add your
> guide and your goals.
>
> [0] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs_Project_guide_goals_for_F14
> [1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs_Project_guide_goals_for_F16
>
> --Eric

Susan Lauber, (RHCX, RHCVA, RHCA, RHCSS)
Lauber System Solutions, Inc.
http://www.laubersolutions.com
gpg: 15AC F794 A3D9 64D1 D9CE  4C26 EFC3 11C2 BFA1 0974