Joining the Docs project

Petr Kovar pkovar at redhat.com
Tue Jul 12 16:14:55 UTC 2011

Hi Jared,

> From: "Jared K. Smith" <jsmith at fedoraproject.org>

> > I've decided to join the fun and participate in the Fedora
> > Documentation
> > Project. I'm especially interested in contributing to RPM Guide,
> > which
> > has become quite outdated now but which I and Mr Google consider to
> > be a
> > still valuable and unique source of information for RPM users and
> > packagers alike on the net.
>
> Welcome Petr! Thanks for being willing to help out in the Docs
> project.

> > Also, if there are other guys around interested in working on RPM
> > docs,
> > I'd definitely like to talk to you!
>
> I'm definitely interested, but my day job keeps me awfully busy, so I
> don't have nearly as much time to work on docs as I would like. That
> being said, I'd really like to get the RPM Guide in better shape... it
> hasn't seen much love since I helped convert it over to Publican a
> while ago.

Thanks for your interest, Jared! Right now, I'm discussing coordination
of the RPM Guide update with the Guide Lead, Ben Cotton. Needless to say
that as the guide is quite large, every contribution, be it content writing
or review/QA, will be more than welcome!

Anyhow, I'll keep you and this list updated on how the update process goes.

Cheers,
--
Petr Kovar
Content Author | Engineering Content Services