Docs Meeting Time (Again)

Zach Oglesby oglesbyzm at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 15:00:15 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 10:52 AM, John J. McDonough <wb8rcr at arrl.net> wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-07-18 at 09:25 -0400, Zach Oglesby wrote:
>> much as I value the input of Rudi and others in the AU, I think that
>> this will give us max participation, and the chance to have some great
>> folks step up and help out more.
>
> I think this only emphasizes the need to do more of our business on this
> list so that time zones aren't such an issue.  I have to admit that I'm
> among the worst offenders in failing to bring issues here, and ignoring
> those that do make it here.
>
> I have this feeling that we could somehow make this work better, but I
> don't really know how.
>
> --McD

I could not agree more, the meeting is good to be able to talk about
things in a more interactive mode, but we should try and handle more
stuff on the list. As it stands now our SOP is to being something up
on the list before adding it to the agenda for the meeting, if we
actually follow that model it should keep the conversation focused on
the list, and make the meeting a secondary means of communication.