Looking for help: SELinux user guide follow up

Dominick Grift domg472 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 00:03:43 UTC 2011

Hey y'all,

I am a member of the Fedora SELinux community. I helped out a bit with
SELinux user guide by Murray Mcallistar.

I noticed some interest for advanced selinux administration and i had
this i idea of documenting it.

I am a terrible copy -writer but i know a little bit about the matter (i
also govern, among-st others, what your apps can do on your systems
probably)

I have been walking around with some ideas about some document for
people wanting to learn about advanced SELinux topics. Basically its all
in my mind but it needs organizing and it needs to be checked.

I've been picking chapters of this "to be written doc" and telling them
to people coming to me wanting to learn for about a few years now, and i
am kind of tired of telling the same story over and over again. So i
would like to be able to point them to somewhere instead.

As said the problem is that i cannot organize my data and my story might
diverge from the official data in minor ways.

But anyways i started a doc called "selinux adminstration guide" here:

http://fedorapeople.org/gitweb?p=domg472/public_git/SELinux_Administration_Guide.git;a=summary

and i have been looking for help for a long time. It seems i am asking
for much, and i guess in a way i am. Because i just cannot write my
thoughts down properly (English isn't my first language) and i am having
troubles organizing my docs). Basically all i can do is provide
technical information or point to official docs.

Yet i am somehow still determined to share my knowledge and so i am here
now. I am wondering if anyone is willing to help me make this happen.

Help me share this knowledge with the community, So that i do not have
to tell the story over and over again to each individual.

I would need some serious guidance but it we could do this in a slow
pace.

I wrote an outline to what i think would make a decent chapter. I added
links to official documentation about topics discussed. I Guess the
first step would be to get a proper intro.

I also made an start to want might be a second chapter.

Truth be told i do not know how the docs community works, writing this
doc is something i wanted to do for a long time but it is not my first
priority.

Can you tell me what steps you would take if you were in my shoes?

E.g. I have the knowledge (or know where to retrieve it), I have this
whole doc envisioned in my mind, but i cannot put the pieces together or
organize it to make it work. I just do not have the experience.

Thank you for your guidance,

dgrift(domg472) @ #fedora-selinux

--
Dominick Grift