Transifex: translations missing from guide repo

Dimitris Glezos glezos at indifex.com
Tue Jun 21 09:55:31 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 12:13 AM, Nathan Thomas <nathan at afternoondust.co.uk>
wrote:

> Thanks Dimitris, I had tx-client configured correctly, but for some reason
> the bg and cs_CZ files aren't being pulled when I run 'tx pull --all'. If I
> specify the languages with --lang a folder is created with the
> Article_Info.po, Author_Group.po, and Revision_History.po files, but in both
> cases the main po file was put in a separate folder called 'translations',
> with a filename '<lang>.po' instead of 'Fedora_Live_Images.po'.

Can you please report using the Feedback button at the right-side of
the website?

> Is this a change to Publican/Transifex that I've missed? How do I get
> Publican to build using the file in the 'translations' folder? At the moment
> when I run 'publican build' as per
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Publishing_a_document_with_Publican#Preparation,
> it simply falls back to using the en-US Fedora_Live_Images.po.

You can use Transifex Client to pull translated resources from Transifex to
your local files. By configuring it properly you can, for example, download
"Resource X, Italian" to a local file called
"mydir/anotherdir/myfile-it-IT.xml".

I believe someone else from the Docs team can answer questions about Publican.
A good plan would be for a person who has played around with the tools to setup
a wiki page explaining how to get a doc localized. It should be as easy as
running a couple of commands and committing ``.tx/config`` to your repo.

-d

> On Mon, 2011-06-20 at 22:51 +0300, Dimitris Glezos wrote:
>
> On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 10:10 PM, Nathan Thomas <nathan at afternoondust.co.uk>
> wrote:
> > I've received bug report BZ#714735  about the Bulgarian translation of the
> > Live Image Guide. There's no folder for Bulgarian in the Live Image Guide
> > git repo, and when I run 'tx pull -all', the Bulgarian translation isn't
> > pulled (same with the Czech translation, and maybe a few others).  Is there
> > anything I need to do to set up these translations in the git repo?
>
> The file pull works for me:
>
>  $ tx init $ tx set --auto-remote
>  https://www.transifex.net/projects/p/fedora-readme-live-images/resource/Fedora_Live_Images/
>  $ tx pull --lang bg,cz_CZ $ ls
>  translations/fedora-readme-live-images.Fedora_Live_Images/*po
>  translations/fedora-readme-live-images.Fedora_Live_Images/bg.po
>  translations/fedora-readme-live-images.Fedora_Live_Images/cs_CZ.po
>
> > Also, I've noticed that some languages have two entries in the Transifex
> > list - for example, Dutch has 'nl' and 'nl_NL'. In some cases a lot of work
> > is going into the short-named translation (e.g. 'nl'), but only changes
> > made to the long-named translation (e.g. 'nl-NL') seem to be pulled to the
> > git repo when I run 'tx pull'.
>
> Good point. I'll open a separate thread for this.
>
> -d
>

> -- Dimitris Glezos
>
> Transifex: The Multilingual Publishing Revolution http://www.transifex.net/
> -- http://www.indifex.com/
>
> -- ! Please note my new email address !  My blog:

Dimitris Glezos