Removing duplicate teams

Dimitris Glezos glezos at indifex.com
Tue Jun 28 10:42:54 UTC 2011

Nathan, thanks for the good questions & help in pushing this forward. =)

On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 1:25 PM, Nathan Thomas <nathan at afternoondust.co.uk>
wrote:
> zh_CN has to be renamed to zh, but for the Live Image Guide the zh-CN
> translation is considerably more complete than the zh one. Will the work
> that's been done in zh-CN be merged into zn when zh-CN is removed?

I think we should leave that to the maintainer and the team itself.
Here's an example set of steps to migrate the files. This can be
either run by the nl_NL/nl coordinator or the project maintainer
himself.

 0. tx set    ## Either a specific project or the whole Docs Release
 1. tx pull   ## remote nl_NL → local nl_NL
 2. ##  Edit .tx/config file to add mappings
 3. tx push --translations   ## local nl_NL → remote nl
 4. ## Remove both local nl_NL files and nl_NL translations from Transifex
 5. tx pull   ## remote nl → local nl-NL

> In the list of translations for the Live Image Guide I have considerably more
> duplicate teams than you gave in your lists - e.g. de_DE and de, fr_FR and
> fr, etc. Do they all need renaming to the shorter two-letter names?

Those'de_DE' files are tracked by Transifex which were pushed by the
docs maintainer, but there aren't teams associated with them. There is
a 'de_DE' file pushed, but no 'de_DE' team to work on it (we only
should have one German team). Here's the list of

  https://www.transifex.net/projects/p/fedora/teams/

You'll need to 'migrate' those files to the appropriate Fedora team,
as mentioned before, and delete them from Transifex. A single person
from Docs who has access to all Docs modules could do the migration
with one run of the above commands.

-d

> Thanks, Nathan
>

> On Mon, 2011-06-20 at 23:15 +0300, Dimitris Glezos wrote:
>
> A few months ago, some of the Fedora teams were duplicated to support
> Publican's language format (eg. nl and nl-NL).
>
> This support has been available in the Transifex Client for many weeks now,
> and Publican projects can simply configure their Tx client to easily map the
> Fedora Team languages to their dash format (ie. convert nl → nl-NL) without
> requiring to have a duplicated team. This configuration is stored in the
> ``.tx/config`` file, so it's going to be available for all users of the git
> repos.
>
>   http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/docs/2011-May/013337.html
>   http://help.transifex.net/user-guide/client/devel.html#customizing-the-language-mappings
>
> We will proceed in removing all the duplicated teams soon and only keep the
> ones the L10n team uses. For example, remove nl_NL and only keep nl (merge
> the first members into the latter and remove team).
>
> The following languages will be RENAMED (two-letter teams do not exist):
>
>  - zh_CN → zh - lt_LT → lt - es_ES → es - vi_VN → vi
>
> The following teams will be REMOVED (two-letter teams already exist):
>
>  - cz_CZ - it_IT - jp_JP - lv_LV - fa_IR - ta_IN - uk_UA
>
> The Docs Project owners can follow something like the following:
>
>  1. tx pull --translations (remote nl_NL → local nl_NL) 2. <edit .tx/config
>  file to add mappings> 3. tx push --translations (local nl_NL → remote nl) 4.
>  # tx pull --translations #remote nl → local nl-NL)
>
> Step #1 can only happen before we remove/rename the teams.
>
> If there is a time constraint, or we are missing something, please let us
> know.
>
> -d
>

> -- Dimitris Glezos
>
> Transifex: The Multilingual Publishing Revolution http://www.transifex.net/
> -- http://www.indifex.com/
>
> -- ! Please note my new email address !  My blog:

Dimitris Glezos