GNOME Docs Hackfest

Paul W. Frields stickster at
Wed Mar 2 16:32:06 UTC 2011

On Tue, Mar 01, 2011 at 11:44:12PM -0500, Christopher Antila wrote:
> If only this were a month later! I'm attending university only a 1.5-hour, $15
> bus-ride from Toronto, and I would really enjoy taking part in the hackfest...
> but I can't justify leaving school for that long on those days :(
> Maybe next time.

Actually, you may not need to wait...

I was talking to shaunm on IRC about remotely participating.  He said
the team has received several requests about this.  They expect to be
hanging out on (GIMPNet, also at #docs

I recommend you come by that channel, introduce yourself, and then
find out what you need to do to prepare to participate remotely in the
hackfest.  That way, no travel requirement, but you can still pitch in
as you have time over the length of the event.

Paul W. Frields
  gpg fingerprint: 3DA6 A0AC 6D58 FEC4 0233  5906 ACDB C937 BD11 3717   -  -  -  -
          Where open source multiplies: