Update for F14 release notes

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 20:22:06 UTC 2011

On Tue, Mar 08, 2011 at 08:30:21PM +0100, Luigi Votta wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-03-08 at 10:43 -0500, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> > On Mon, Mar 07, 2011 at 10:25:21AM -0500, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> > > https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/fedora-release-notes-14.1.2-2.fc14
> > > https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/fedora-release-notes-14.1.2-3.fc15
> > >
> > > I built and pushed packages to updates-testing to address the missing
> > > dependency on /bin/touch (the fix is already found in Rawhide, but
> > > didn't make it to the branched F15 before that happened).
> > >
> > > There aren't any content changes, so the deltarpm should be quite
> > > small. Testing and karma contributions would be appreciated.
> >
> > It's pushed to testing.  To try it out on Fedora 14 or 15:
> >
> > $ su -c 'yum --enablerepo=updates-testing update fedora-release-notes'
> >
> > To report karma, log in on one of the above URLs (using the Login
> > button) and post your results.
> >
> > --
> Hi Paul
> I've downloaded and installed on F15. No problem encountered (or
> perhaps, the link on the dash doesn't load the doc in firefox).
> I would give my karma but I don't know what to test ...
> Can you give me some hints? :-)

The bug's not tremendously easy to test.  You have to set up a box or
a virtual guest using a very minimal install, plus
fedora-release-notes.  The install has to be so bare that it doesn't
include yum, in fact.  (Which makes me feel kind of silly fixing it,
but whatever.)  The bug is that if someone didn't include the
coreutils package, which contains /bin/touch, then a RPM %post script
error happens when fedora-release-notes is installed.  The package
update fixes this problem, even though the other content doesn't
change.

If you find the package is still usable/readable per normal after the
update, then you can probably vote +1 karma in good conscience.  It
would be nice if some other intrepid soul checked that the bug is
fixed, though! :-)