Self Introduction

Michael Elliott xiong.baobao at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 11:30:04 UTC 2011

Hi all,
My name is Michael.  I come from New Zealand but am currently living in
China.

    * What other projects or writing have you worked on in the past?

I have one years experience as a technical writer, have worked as an
English teacher here in China, and have also been involved with writing
knowledge base articles in another job I had.

    * What level and type of computer skills do you have?

I have over 10 years experience in the IT industry, mostly in technical
/ customer / product support, but also one's years experience in
technical writing as mentioned above.  I would consider myself a jack of
all trades, master of none.  I know a little bit about a wide variety of
technologies, but don't know any one thing deeply.

    * What other skills do you have that might be applicable? User
      interface design, other so-called soft skills (people skills),
      programming, etc.

N/A

    * What makes you an excellent match for the project?

Even though I have used Linux for a few years, I would still consider
myself at the beginner end of the skill range.  This, along with the
fact that I live in a foreign country with a different language, gives
me good insight in how to explain things in an easier way, more suitable
for beginners.
I am not currently working (am a student), so I have a lot of free time
currently.  I will be starting a new job in the coming weeks (hopefully,
dependent on a background check), but as a potential winner of the
'World's most boring man' competition, I will still have time to
contribute to this project.
I am also very patient, and understand that it will take time to learn
how things work in the team, and how best I can contribute to the team,
and to the Linux community as a whole.

    * GPG KEYID and fingerprint

pub   2048R/273DF91D 2011-03-10
       Key fingerprint = 03F0 4F44 4860 776A EB6D  9041 720E 73FA 273D F91D
uid                  Michael Elliott (Baby Bear) <xiong.baobao at gmail.com>
sub   2048R/DBF38458 2011-03-10

Thanks,

Michael